Updated June, 2021
MORTGAGES & LOANS (including car and personal loans)
- Do I still have to pay my loans/mortgages?
Yes, you have to make your loans/mortgages payments (including interest) as contractually agreed. You need to pay your loan/mortgage until entirely paid-off. In case a client moves to another bank, he/she still has the responsibility to pay off the entire loan (including interest).
- Will I have to pay a penalty for settling/closing/paying off my loan?
Pursuant to the procedures all clients must pay a penalty in case of early pay-off of their loans. However, given the current circumstances, this penalty will be waived.
- Until when should I make loans/mortgage payments to Girobank N.V. and when should these be made to GI-RO Settlement Holding N.V.?
On April 30, 2021, almost all loans/mortgages of Girobank N.V have been assigned to GI-RO Settlement Holding N.V. Borrowers must comply with their repayment obligations as contractually agreed. As for now, all payments will continue to Girobank N.V. in the usual manner, as Girobank N.V. will be providing the necessary services on behalf of GI-RO Settlement Holding N.V. You will be informed in a timely manner in case of any changes.
- Can I get a discount on my loan or mortgage if I settle the debt in full?
No, but the penalty fee for early pay off will be waived.
- What happens if I am in arrear with my debt and I have a positive balance?
Your balance will debited with the amount in arrears and the remaining amount will be paid out.
- Can I still use my credit card?
Credit cards are blocked by Girobank N.V. and can no longer be used.
- Do I still have to pay the minimum or am I obligated to pay the open balance in full?
All outstanding credit card balances have been converted into a loan. You are obligated to continue to pay off your loan until entirely paid-off.
CURRENT/SAVINGS ACCOUNT (including SAM and Time Deposit)
- Until what amount will I receive my funds?
Girobank N.V. will pay out funds up to a maximum amount of NAf. 1.200.000. Funds higher than that amount are still frozen.
- Do I have to withdraw all my funds immediately?
You do not need to withdraw all your funds immediately, but Girobank N.V. will stop in the near future with offering banking services. We therefore advise you to transfer or withdraw your funds as soon as possible.
- How can I withdraw the funds on my bank accounts?
The withdrawal of your funds can happen through the traditional means, being at the branch of Girobank N.V., through ATMs and via online banking. However, we advise you not to withdraw large amounts of cash through ATMs or at the branch.
- What is the maximum amount I can withdraw a day at a Girobank N.V. branch?
The maximum limit the customer can withdraw is NAf. 1.200.000. However, the branch and online banking have daily limits. Amounts deposited after December 10, 2019, can be freely accessed.
- What is the maximum amount I can withdraw a day from a Girobank N.V. ATM?
Girobank N.V. closed all its ATMs. You can withdraw your money from any other ATM.
- Can I withdraw money from my account through an ATM of a different bank?
Yes, money can be withdrawn from an ATM other than those of Girobank N.V.
- What is the maximum amount I can withdraw a day from another ATM?
The maximum amount that can be withdrawn from an ATM is NAf. 1.000 per transaction, taking the daily adjusted limits into account.
- How long can I still access the online banking platform?
Incoming transactions via Girobank’s internet banking platform will no longer be processed as of September 1, 2021. Girobank will process outgoing transactions until September 15, 2021.
- What do I have to do/bring to close my active bank account?
In order to close your bank account, you will have to bring a valid Identification Document.
- Should I open a bank account at another commercial bank?
We urge you to ensure settlement of your accounts by opening a bank account with another bank of your choice as soon as possible, and transferring your funds to this new account.
- Which documents are needed to close dormant accounts?
-Chamber of Commerce (not older than 3 months)
NV or BV; Association/Corporative (if there were no changes in the company)
-Valid ID of signatory (s)
-Chamber of Commerce (not older than 3 months)
Girobank International clients
-General Conditions form
-Signed joint agreement (if applicable)
-Valid passport of authorized signatory in case of power of attorney (if applicable)
-Documentation required is on a case by case basis
- Is my insurance coverage still valid?
Yes, given the fact that Girobank N.V. operates as a broker for different insurance companies and is not the insurer itself, the insurance coverage will remain valid. Any changes will be communicated to the clients in a timely manner.
- How long are my belongings still covered by my insurance?
Given the fact that Girobank N.V. operates as a broker for the insurance companies, the insurance policy will not expire, as long as the insurance premiums are not past due.
- What happens if I have more than NAf. 1.200.000,- in my account. Do I lose access to those funds?
If you had more than NAf. 1.200.000,- on your account, the amount that is in excess of the NAf 1.200.000,- will be frozen until further notice.
- What happens to bank cheques I have pending to cash?
As of August 1, 2021, it will no longer be possible to deposit cash or checks (drawn at other banks) at the branches of Girobank.
- How can I view my account balance when the GI-RO Settlement Holding N.V. is active?
You can view your account balance through the usual manners of Girobank N.V., as Girobank N.V. provides services for GI-RO Settlement Holding N.V. You will be informed in a timely manner if this will change.
- Which Girobank N.V. ATMs are still operational?
Girobank N.V. closed all its ATMs.
- Which branches are still accessible for the public?
The branches at Scharloo and Janwe are open from Monday to Friday from 8:00am - 3:30pm. After August 1, 2021, the Scharloo branch will be closed and only the branch at Janwe will be open for inquiries only.
- What is the contact information of the GI-RO Settlement Holding N.V.?
For more information, please visit www.gshcuracao.com.